Acai Berry Facial Scrub contains a stimulating concentration of minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, phytosterols, and antioxidants that help rejuvenate the skin, speeding up the healing process for acne-prone skin.
It contains cornmeal and kaolin acting as sponges that absorb excess oil, flushing out toxins and impurities from their pores. Oatmeal adds a soothing, moisturizing ingredient. This Acai Berry Facial Scrub Organic Skin Care is very beneficial for all skin types, especially for oily and acne.
How to make Acai Berry Facial Scrub
Acai Berry Facial Scrub
- quart-size canning jar with lid
- spice jar with sifter cap optional
- ½ cup acai berry powder
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup finely ground cornmeal
- ½ cup kaolin clay
- Before you start , find a protective face mask, or tie a bandana to hide your nose and mouth, to avoid breathing the powdered ingredients. Carefully place all of the ingredients into the canning jar. Close the lid tightly and shake well to blend to an identical powder. Let signify 5 minutes more or less, letting the dust settle into the jar.
- Use this scrub 2-3 times per week on your face or entire body.
There is no need to go to the spa when you can pamper your skin at home. Acai Berry Facial Scrub nutrients combine with alpha-hydroxy acids to remove dry, dull skin cells and refresh the appearance of your complexion.
Beauty Products with Shop Greenery Dynamics Acai Berry:
- WOW Amazon Rainforest Collection – Acai Face and Body Scrub
- Trader JoeS Blueberry And Acai Facial Scrub
How to store?
- Store this dry facial scrub in a spice jar with a sifter cap. To fill the jar, make a funnel by rolling up a piece of paper. Twist one end to open wide enough to fit into the spice jar, and the other wider to funnel in the powder. Tape it together and spoon the powder into the jar a bit at time.
- Once the jar is full, replace the sifter and cap, and this scrub is ready to use! You can also store this scrub in the quart jar or transfer to a smaller jar, using a clean dry spoon to dispense the facial scrub for each use. Keep the lid tightly closed and store for up to a year.
How to use?
- To use, simply tap out a bit of the powder into the palm of your hand and mix with water added a tiny bit at a time until a paste forms.
- Then gently scrub your face using small circular motions. Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer and toner.
- Use this scrub 2-3 times per week on your face or entire body. Watch as your skin is back to life and you head out the door with a new, beautiful glow of confidence! I just love this scrub and hope you do too!
Why Acai Berry?
Mark Lucock concludes his review of the science of folic acid by quoting Hippocrates: “Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food”.
Since beauty comes from inside out, it is always recommended to eat acai berry. Many use acai berry in smoothies, desserts and grains, and of course, those famous acai bowls.
Not only does the acai berry help with weight loss and maintenance, but it also balances hormones, increases energy, strengthens heart health and stimulates metabolic functions.
Acai Berry is loaded with anti-inflammatory nutrients, acai is higher than most with anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, protocatechuic acid, procyanidins, and epicatechin.
With its content of vitamin C, vitamin A and dietary fiber, Acai Berry is the superstar of them all when it comes to slowing down the aging process and enhancing health. Some studies suggest that acai is also more rich in protective antioxidants than other berries, such as superfruits blueberries, cranberries, and goji berries.
Native to Central and South America, acai berries come from the acai palm tree, which is found in the Amazon rainforest. The fruit looks similar to blueberries and cranberries but most of it is seed, which is inedible. About 10 to 20 percent is left to eat. The taste of the berries is like a combination of berries and chocolate.
Benefits of Acai Berry Facial Scrub
When acai berry is an ingredient in your skin care, here’s what you can count:
- Anti-aging facial cream,
- vitamins and minerals.
Benefits in skin care
Acai Berry is an anti-aging warrior. It is rich in antioxidants, substances that fight free radicals, responsible for aging and disease. It is also loaded with other nutrients. All this will keep your skin happy, healthy and vibrant.
Acai provides the building blocks of healthy skin. Vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, such as anthocyanin, flavonoids, vitamins, and minerals.
Fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9)
Acai is rich in omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids. All of these help to make the skin look young and supple, fatty acids revive the appearance of dry, dull skin. If you are getting enough, your skin looks smooth and soft. If you are not, the skin dries up, bursts, and becomes dull. This plum gives you a good dose of fatty acids with every application.
Anthocyanins and flavonoids
Both are powerful antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and aid the body’s cell protection system.
It is a vitamin wrinkle fighter. An antioxidant keeps your skin moist and clear. Retinol is a form of vitamin A that promotes clear pores, increases collagen, and reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and skin infections.
A natural antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. It also prevents UV damage. As a precursor to collagen within the body, it keeps our skin strong, tight and shiny. Vitamin C has been cited in several studies for its role in anti-aging.
B vitamins help us digest our food, which is good for proper absorption. They transport nutrients to all cells, including our skin, and fight free radicals. When it comes to free radicals, think: “Human corrosion.” Free radicals make us look old and worn out.
While all vitamin B work together, Acai is particularly rich in:
- B3, niacin, which helps retain moisture so that our skin is smooth and layerless.
- B2, riboflavin, is an antioxidant that helps the body to metabolize fat and protein.
- B1, thiamine, which strengthens the immune system and helps the body to cope with stress.
Regulating multiple skin functions, most calcium is found in the outermost layer of the skin (epidermis) where it plays an important role in lipid barrier function repair, skin renewal, and antioxidant protection.
When you are deficient in the mineral magnesium, you will experience a decrease in moisture and elasticity, which would be the perfect storm for dryness and swelling.
This mineral helps in cutting wounds and healing wounds. A dermatological study by Swedish doctors also found that the severity of acne lesions decreased from 100 percent to 15 percent in patients receiving 12 weeks of treatment with zinc sulfate.
Science suggests that the benefits of copper include hydration, antioxidant protection, and persistence.
If you buy something through an affiliate links on this page, FITZABOUT may earn commission through links. How this works.
Was this article helpful?
Written by Anjali Kumari. She is a certified yoga instructor, Diploma in Make up, Nails and Beauty, Diploma in Nutrition, Food, Science and Menu Planning. Anjali is the destination of choice for the latest updates, tips and resources in beauty, health and wellness, and all topics that mean the most to today’s woman. Whether it’s advice from a trusted expert or a DIY tutorial, she has it all. She is passionate and obsessive about science and how it can be applied in daily lifestyle. According to her, food is the best medicine and proper nutrition is the key to achieving good health and beauty. When she is not working, she likes to spend quality time with family and friends. She loves creating innovative, healthy recipes and healthy choices for foods to promote good health.