Incredibly delicious Salmon Filet with Mango Cilantro Salsa Recipe is a high protein, low carb and low fat ketogenic recipe! It’s packed with fresh, irresistible sweet and spicy flavors that will leave you craving more!
Salmon Filet with Mango Cilantro Salsa mix with ingredients including salmon filet and Mango Cilantro Salsa (mango, scallion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro).
Step by Step Salmon Filet with Mango Cilantro Salsa Recipe
It is a rich and heart-healthy properties and its role in aiding weight loss, which is good as a Entrées, Dinner, main meal.
Salmon Filet with Mango Cilantro Salsa
- 4-6 ounce portions salmon filet
Mango Cilantro Salsa
- 1 whole ripe mango, peeled and ½-inch diced
- ½ cup chopped scallion only green part
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp finely diced fresh jalapeño
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp squeezed lime juice freshly
- ½ tsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ tsp salt
- Depending on the thickness of the salmon, bake salmon filet at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes. For the Mango Cilantro Salsa, lightly toss all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for taste (flavors to meld). Serve Salsa as accompaniment to salmon. Mango cilantro salsa also goes well with grilled chicken or meat.
- calories: 245,
- fat: 7g,
- protein: 35g,
- carbohydrates: 11g,
- dietary fiber: 2g,
- cholesterol: 88mg,
- sodium: 251mg.
Benefits of Salmon Filet with Mango Cilantro Salsa Recipe
Salmon Filet with Mango Cilantro Salsa Recipe is well known as a source of omega-3 fatty acids that help keep your heart and your brain healthy.
Recipe is also rich in vitamin B-complex, some minerals and can add sufficient amounts of vitamin D to your daily intake.
The Salmon Filet with Mango Cilantro Salsa recipe also contains estaxanthin, a carotenoid that is related to vitamin A. Amoxanthin may have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Health benefits of salmon
High quality protein
Salmon is rich in high quality protein. Like omega-3 fats, protein is an essential nutrient that you should get from your diet.
Protein plays many important roles in the body, including helping your body recover after injury, protecting bone health, and maintaining muscle mass during the process of weight loss and aging.
Recent research has found that for optimal health, each salmon meal should give at least 20-30 grams of high quality protein.
A 3.5 ounce salmon serving contains 22-25 grams of high quality protein.
Contain omega-3 fatty acids
It is one of the best sources of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA.
EPA and DHA have been attributabled with many health benefits, such as reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, reducing the risk of cancer, and improving the function of cells that line your arteries.
What’s more, studies have shown that getting these omega-3 fats from fish effectively increases levels in your body as a supplement to fish oil capsules.
A 2012 analysis of sixteen controlled studies found that having 0.45–4.5g of omega-3 fatty acids daily led to significant improvement in arterial function.
High in vitamin-B
Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin-B. These vitamins are involved in many important processes in your body, including converting the food you eat into energy, creating and repairing DNA, and reducing inflammation that can lead to heart disease.
Studies have shown that all vitamin-B work together to maintain optimal functioning of your brain and nervous system. Unfortunately, people in developed countries may be deficient in one or more of these vitamins.
Full of selenium
Selenium is a mineral that found in soil and certain foods. It is considered trace mineral, meaning that body needs small amounts of it. Nevertheless, it’s important to have enough selenium in your diet.
Among those whose diet is low in this mineral, salmon and other high-selenium seafood have been used to improve selenium blood levels.
Consuming salmon frequently can help lose weight and keep it off.
Like other high-protein foods, Salmon helps regulate hormones that control appetite and make feel full.
In addition, metabolic rate increases after eating salmon protein-rich food compared to other foods.
A study in children with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease found that supplementation with the main omega-3 found in salmon caused a significantly greater reduction in belly fat and liver fat than a placebo.
Health benefits of mango
Mango is low in calories yet full in nutrients:
- especially vitamin C, which aids in immunity
- iron absorption and growth and repair.
Here are some health benefits of mango, its nutrition, benefits and enjoyment of it.
- High in Antioxidants: It has more than a dozen different types of polyphenols, including mangiferin, which is particularly potent. Polyphenols act as antioxidants inside your body.
- Help enhance immunity: It is a good source of folate, a number of B vitamins, as well as vitamins A, C, K and E – all of which help enhance immunity.
- Helps to improves digestive health: It contains dietary fiber, digestive enzymes, water, and other compounds that aid various aspects of digestive health.
- Support healthy heart function: It contains the antioxidant mangiferin, magnesium, and potassium which all support healthy heart function.
- Promotes healthy hair and skin: It contains Vitamin C, which gives skin its elasticity and prevents sagging and wrinkles. It also gives vitamin A, which promotes healthy hair.
- Support eye health: Mango contains vitamin A, zeaxanthin and lutein – which support eye health. Zeaxanthin and Lutein can protect from the sun, while vitamin A deficiency can cause vision problems.
- Lower the risk of certain cancers: Mango polyphenols can fight oxidative stress, which is associated with colon, lung, prostate, breast, and bone cancers.
Health benefits of Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L)
- Data on the effect of cilantro on cancer development are limited.
- However, a 2019 test tube study isolated Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L) elegans on prostate cancer cells. Investigated the effect of extracts of sativum. Researchers found that the herb Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L) reduced the expression of specific genes in cancer cells.
- A growing body of evidence suggests that Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L) can be useful as a remedy for pain and inflammation.
- A 2015 study by the Journal of Medicinal Food Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L). To protect the skin against UVB (ultraviolet B) radiation damage. The ability of sativum extracts was investigated.
- Although there are many treatments available for fungal infections, such as thrush, they often cause unpleasant side effects.
- For this reason, researchers are developing natural Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L) compounds that people can use to manage fungal infections.
- Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L) on bacterial and fungal activity in a 2017 review. The preventive effects of sativum seed oil are highlighted.
- The authors suggest that this oil may be highly effective as a natural food preservative.
Health bbenefits of salsa
Traditional tomatoes and jallapo, or even mangoes or strawberries: whatever you like, salsa is one of the most popular spices in the world. And it is also a nutritional power center.
Fresh salsa is one of the best ways to add more flavor to Salmon Filet with Mango Cilantro Salsa Recipe, while also distributing essential (and tasty!) Nutrients. With all the health benefits of salsa added, you can add an extra serving to your favorite foods. There is no need to hold back!
Fiber is found naturally in the cell wall of plants, and salsa is filled with fiber without any fat or sugar. This is a winning combo for anyone with type 2 diabetes who wants to add flavor to their food without increasing their blood sugar. Fiber helps us feel satisfied after eating, and this does not trigger the body’s release of insulin.
Gelpanos are often found in fresh salsa, which derives its spice from a powerful ingredient called capsaicin. Capsaicin can increase your body’s ability to burn fat, which promotes weight loss. To learn more, check out this Dietician Supported Guide on Eating to boost your metabolism and lower your blood sugar.
Limes used in salsa provide many health benefits. A standout advantage is that they are high in citric acid. Among other perks, citric acid may naturally protect against kidney stones.
Was this article helpful?
Written by Anjali Kumari. She is a certified yoga instructor, Diploma in Make up, Nails and Beauty, Diploma in Nutrition, Food, Science and Menu Planning. Anjali is the destination of choice for the latest updates, tips and resources in beauty, health and wellness, and all topics that mean the most to today’s woman. Whether it’s advice from a trusted expert or a DIY tutorial, she has it all. She is passionate and obsessive about science and how it can be applied in daily lifestyle. According to her, food is the best medicine and proper nutrition is the key to achieving good health and beauty. When she is not working, she likes to spend quality time with family and friends. She loves creating innovative, healthy recipes and healthy choices for foods to promote good health.