The Fighting Warrior Pose, also known as Yudhasana, strengthens your front leg, and your back leg and stretches your foot.
Angry determination, find your inner strength and warrior power, feel that your whole body is in this pose, arms, and back are strong and powerful.
Your front leg is strengthened when you squat down, and your back leg and front leg lengthen when practicing Fighting Warrior Pose (Yudhasana).
Benefits of Fighting Warrior Pose (Yudhasana)
Fighting Warrior Pose can be an effective way to build a sense of inner strength and power. As you practice Yudhasana regularly, you will increase your ability to face daily battles with ease and grace.
- Physical Benefits:
- Stretches the hips, knees, ankles, foot, hamstrings, and shoulders
- Lengthens the spine and foot
- Strengthens the shoulders, arms, arches, ankles, legs, knees, and thighs
- Tones the leg muscles
- Tones entire body
- Heals the stiffness around the lower back close to hip
- Increases the lung capacity
- Improves muscular endurance
- Improves the balance and posture
- Enhance the spine health
- Stimulates entire abdominal area
- Improves the reproductive system
- Mental Benefits:
- Enhances the focus
- Improves the willpower
- Stimulates the mind
Fighting Warrior Pose (Yudhasana) Practice Guide
- On the hands and knees in Table Pose, step your right foot forward between your two hands, with your knee directly over your ankle.
- With the legs grounding into the floor, placing top of foot on the floor, and rest of just about tributing equally your weight of your body on the feets.
- Place the arms on your bent knee. Straighten your arms slightly to draw your torso back. Relax your shoulders down and draw your shoulder blades towards your spine to lift your chest.
- Inhale and place your arms slowly up with the height of armpits, turn them into fists, hugging your belly into inside and then just raise your knee on the floor.
- Relax your muscles of face, relax your muscles of upper back. You will be rechallenging the find gravity in this force.
- Stay in this posture for 30 to seconds, and then after 30 to 60 seconds take rest. Especially having dorsiflexion of your foot so you can pose the action of angle.
- Repeat the same process from the other side as well.
Precautions and Contraindications
There are certain precautions and contraindications to keep in mind while practicing Fighting Warrior Pose to avoid any kind of injury.
Yudhasana comes with a great deal of stability and balance of the body, and this requires the knees to be somewhat strong and flexible. So, if there is any knee injury, then this pose should definitely be avoided.
The weight of the body falls on the feet and ankles to some extent, so to avoid any further injury or damage, a person with an injured ankle or foot should avoid the practice of this posture.
The flexion of the hips is very important while practicing this yoga pose and hence if there is any kind of injury on the hips, or if the hips are weak, then avoid this yoga pose.
All standing puts pressure on the heart, and should not be held for long periods by people with a weak heart or who have recently had heart surgery.
Supervision becomes essential when practicing Fighting Warrior pose, as this pose requires stability and a great sense of power. Putting too much pressure on the knees and hips can not only make the posture difficult, but will have the opposite effect on the body.
General weakness of the body after a particular illness will not help in balancing the body in this yoga pose, so if one is recovering from illness, then avoid this yoga pose. If you are doing it with an experienced teacher/instructor, then go slow with extension and extension.
Was this article helpful?
Written by Anjali Kumari. She is a certified yoga instructor, Diploma in Make up, Nails and Beauty, Diploma in Nutrition, Food, Science and Menu Planning. Anjali is the destination of choice for the latest updates, tips and resources in beauty, health and wellness, and all topics that mean the most to today’s woman. Whether it’s advice from a trusted expert or a DIY tutorial, she has it all. She is passionate and obsessive about science and how it can be applied in daily lifestyle. According to her, food is the best medicine and proper nutrition is the key to achieving good health and beauty. When she is not working, she likes to spend quality time with family and friends. She loves creating innovative, healthy recipes and healthy choices for foods to promote good health.