Delicious Apple Coconut Muffins breakfast recipe to relieve bloating caused by high carbs, fruit diets. An excellent breakfast recipe to fill you with energy or a delicious dessert service with vanilla flavor.
Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe are made with coconut milk, gelatin (vanilla protein powder), and sweetened with apple, a touch of honey and cinnamon. It is naturally gluten free and full of fibre, gelatin or vanilla protein powder also increases the protein content in this Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe.
Eating starchy carbohydrates for breakfast will put a stop to fat metabolism, and will trigger your body to turn to carbohydrates for a quick energy source for the remainder of the day.
Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe
- paper cups
- hand mixer or food processor
- 3 oz coconut milk containing only water and coconut
- 2 oz coconut desiccated
- 8 whole eggs
- 2 oz instant gelatin or vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1/2 pound apples
- 2 tsp baking powder sodium, aluminum sulfate, double acting
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon optional
- 2 oz honey
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare muffin pan with paper cup.
- Wash and dry the apples, remove the core and cut into small pieces. Mix ingredients, except apples, with a hand mixer or in a food processor until a smooth batter forms.
- Carefully fold the apple pieces into the batter and pour the mixture into the prepared paper cup in the muffin pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Nutritional InformationPer Serving (1 muffin)
|Total Fat:||12 g|
|Saturated Fat:||8 g|
Health Benefits of Apple Coconut Muffins Recipe
1. Coconut milk
Overall, the consumption of coconut improves cholesterol and triglyceride levels. In cases where “bad” LDL cholesterol increases, “good” HDL usually increases.2
Animal and test-tube studies suggest that coconut milk can reduce inflammation, reduce the size of ulcers and fight infection-causing viruses and bacteria – although some studies have thoroughly solely examine coconut milk not done.3
2. Desiccated coconut
Desiccated coconut is an ideal source of healthy fat that contains no cholesterol and contains selenium, fiber, copper, and manganese.4
- Selenium: Selenium is a mineral that helps the body produce enzymes, which enhance the immune system and thyroid function. Selenium has been found to reduce the risk of heart disease, male infertility, free radicals in the body, and cancer.
- Copper: Copper supports energy levels, metabolism, helps in the formation of red blood cells and collagen. It also has natural antioxidant properties and protects the body from osteoarthritis.
- Fiber: The body needs fiber to maintain healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular function. Fiber reduces the risk of diabetes, stroke and high blood pressure.
- Whole eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet, with small amounts of almost every nutrient. Omega-3 enriched and / or pasted eggs are also healthy.
- Egg is highly saturated and may reduce calorie intake later in the day. Eating eggs regularly can promote weight loss.
- It has high in quality animal protein and contain all the essential amino acids that humans require. Omega-3 rich and durable eggs can contain significant amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Consumption of such eggs is an effective way of reducing blood triglycerides.
- Egg is high in cholesterol, but eating eggs does not adversely affect cholesterol in the blood for the majority of people. Eating eggs consistently increases HDL (“good”) cholesterol levels, which is associated with a lower risk of many diseases.
- Eggs are among the best dietary sources of choline, a nutrient that is incredibly important but most people are not getting enough.
- The antioxidant lutein and zeaxanthin are very important for eye health and may help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts. They are both more eggs.
- Gelatin is made by cooking collagen. It is almost entirely protein and has many health benefits and may be utilized in food production, eaten as bone broth or taken as a supplement.
- It is made up of 98–99% protein, remaining 2–2% is water and a small amount of vitamins and minerals. Gelatin is richest food source of the amino acid glycine.
- Glycine, an amino acid in gelatin, can improve memory and a focus. It has also been found to reduce symptoms of certain mental health conditions, such as schizophrenia and OCD.
- Gelatin can help in weight loss. It is low in calories and has been shown to help reduce hunger and increase feelings of fullness.
5. Protein powder
Protein powders come from various sources and are available in many formulations. People use them to help increase muscle mass, improve the overall body composition, and meet their protein needs.
Whey protein is quickly digested, providing a rapid increase in amino acids that can help increase muscle and strength. It can reduce appetite and promote fat loss.
It is best to choose protein powder based on your dietary preferences, food tolerance and health and fitness goals.
- Apple promotes heart health in many ways. They are high in soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and even have polyphenols, which are related to lower BP and stroke risk.
- It is a good source of fiber and vitamin C and also contain polyphenol, which can have many health benefits. Types of fiber in apples feeds good bacteria and should be the reason they protect against obesity, cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Apples contain many naturally found compounds which will help fight cancer. It contain compounds that can help protect your stomach lining from injury due to NSAID painkillers.
- Apple has antioxidant and anti inflammatory compounds which will help regulate immune responses and protect against asthma.
Was this article helpful?
Written by Anjali Kumari. She is a certified yoga instructor, Diploma in Make up, Nails and Beauty, Diploma in Nutrition, Food, Science and Menu Planning. Anjali is the destination of choice for the latest updates, tips and resources in beauty, health and wellness, and all topics that mean the most to today’s woman. Whether it’s advice from a trusted expert or a DIY tutorial, she has it all. She is passionate and obsessive about science and how it can be applied in daily lifestyle. According to her, food is the best medicine and proper nutrition is the key to achieving good health and beauty. When she is not working, she likes to spend quality time with family and friends. She loves creating innovative, healthy recipes and healthy choices for foods to promote good health.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.metabol.2007.03.005; Effects of dietary medium-chain triglyceride on weight loss and insulin sensitivity in a group of moderately overweight free-living type 2 diabetic Chinese subjects
- Lipids, 1999 Sep; Mechanisms mediating lipoprotein responses to diets with medium-chain triglyceride and lauric acid
- J Gen Virol 1994 Feb; – Lauric acid inhibits the maturation of vesicular stomatitis virus
- Global Resources Direct: Health Benefits of Desiccated Coconut